Somebody else received an emergency alert as a wireless message or in their SaskAlert app but I did not.
Did not receive Wireless:
There can be many reasons why an alert is not received wireless.
- Wireless alerts are issued using cell towers to triangulate and zoom into the locations selected for the alert, so depending on where the cell towers are located and where your device is located, will determine if you are in the alerting area. Wireless alerting can affect mobile devices up to and at times exceeding a 50 KM radius outside of the selected locations, due to cell tower triangulation.
- Technical reasons which can include:
- Your mobile device is not compatible to receive the wireless alerts
- Your mobile device is not connected to LTE network
- Your mobile device operating system requires an update
Did not receive alert to SaskAlert app:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the SaskAlert app.
- Check your cellular connection.
- Check your WIFI connection (if on airplane mode or bad cell connection)
In your SaskAlert setting check the following:
- Check the location setting to insure you have the locations selected you wish to receive alerts for.
- Check if you have the “Follow me” setting on to ensure you are receiving alerts for where you are and just not your selected locations.
- Check if you have Critical and Advisory Alerts checked off or Critical Alert only checked off.