Somebody else received an emergency alert as a wireless message or in their AEA app but I did not.
There could be several reasons why you didn’t receive an alert from the AEA app.
- You will only receive notifications for locations you have added in the settings of the AEA app. Check the locations you have selected to receive notification for.
- Go to the AEA website at https://emergencyalert.alberta.ca to see if there was an alert issued for that location on the date you were expecting it. You can find this information by using the Archive button.
- Your device may have had volume off or do not disturb mode enabled. If you wish to override volume and do not disturb and always hear a sound for critical alerts, turn on the “Override Silent Mode” setting in your AEA app.
- Check your cellular connection.
- Check your WIFI connection (if on airplane mode or bad cell connection).
- Check if you have the Critical Alerts Only setting selected or the Critical and Advisory Alerts setting.
- If you are away from your chosen locations, check that you have the “Follow Me” setting on.
- People are encouraged to follow AEA through multiple mediums (such as Facebook, Twitter, the AEA website, radio/TV, and the AEA mobile app) to ensure they receive emergency alerts.