If you just installed the AEA app, you will want to test it to ensure that it works.
You can add a test location to confirm you see alerts in the app:
- Pick a location name to do the test. Go to the AEA website https://emergencyalert.alberta.ca/ to check locations with alerts issued recently, and choose a location name.
- Select the AEA app.
- Select settings.
- Select locations, on the “Add Town, City, Province” field, type the name you chose on step 1.
- Select close.
- Select > Alerts.
- Under alerts for your locations, you should see the same alerts being shown on the AEA website. If that is the case, it means the app is working as expected.
To remove the test location from the AEA app, follow these steps:
- Go into your settings
- Select locations and then edit
- Find the location name
- Hit delete (top right corner of the screen)
- Close the locations screen